|� || |
Click the�link above to join us.
What is the Elmwood Village Association?
|� || || |
Since forming in 1994, the Elmwood Village Association (EVA) has been responsible for community building and revitalization activities in the Elmwood Village with much success.� The American Planning Association recently named Elmwood Village one of �The 10 Great Neighborhoods in America�.� By becoming a member, your tax-deductible donation enables the EVA to continue its mission to revitalize the neighborhood commercial district, which in turn, helps to promote strong residential neighborhoods.
Examples showing how you can benefit from EVA and how we contribute to the economic and social health of the neighborhood include the following:
|� || |
EVA Staff Resources
- Continue to represent the interest of the community through collaboration with the City of Buffalo and elected officials. We bring together all stakeholders, including decision-makers, to facilitate neighborhood issues and share lessons learned. This helps make the Elmwood Village neighborhood one of the best places to live, work, own a business, raise a family, and spend leisure time.
- Grant writing is an integral piece of what makes the area successful.� With the work of the EVA staff, over $3.5 million, has been brought in to enhance the community.
- Executive Director, Justin Azzarella, has been invited to conferences relating to our �10 Great Neighborhoods� achievement; and has had the opportunity to share our story with other planners and developers throughout the country resulting in national development interest for the street!
- Working to increase volunteer opportunities in the community.
- Design standards were established and approved. Its purpose is to encourage appropriate, mixed-use, urban growth and development within the Elmwood Village neighborhood.
- Assisting small businesses with obtaining grants, tax incentives, location assistance, marketing and much more!
- Data collection in the form of a survey to help assess and interpret community needs.
- Collaboration of Economic Development committee and City to assist in filling available business space. Approximately 10 new businesses have opened in the past year.
- Worked with Evans Bank to create a new, locally sponsored, Elmwood Village Gift Certificate Program.� It continues to be incredibly user friendly, making it easy for customers to spend locally.
Community Promotion & Marketing
- Public gardens and hanging flower baskets along commercial district.
- New planters along Elmwood Avenue.
- Banners line the street thanks to a grant received by EVA from the John R. Oishei Foundation and M&T Bank.
- Annual Spring Cleanup, which gathers volunteers to walk Elmwood and clean the street.
- Commitment to greening Elmwood Village. Through a generous grant by The Community Foundation, EVA was able to bring eight locally designed and manufactured recycling stations to the street.
- The EVA website offers information to the local, regional and world community.
- EVA t-shirt redesign is part of our continued branding efforts- look for them on sale in shops along Elmwood!
- Dollar-A-Day marketing campaign, conducted during the Holiday season, which leverages our non-profit status and collective group marketing to promote existing businesses and to attract new business.
- The Elmwood Villager is our quarterly online newsletter keeping members and residents informed on the goings of Elmwood.
- Production of our colorful Map & Guide brochure, which includes a block-by-block listing of businesses, is distributed to tourist centers, hotels, and other related venues throughout the Western New York Region.
- We have ongoing relationships with local media outlets such as: The Buffalo News, Buffalo Rising as well as radio and TV stations.
- Elmwood Village Farmers Market (27 Saturdays running from late May to Early November) is a producer-only market, meaning that all our vendors grow or produce what they sell themselves�absolutely no reselling is allowed. They also know they're helping to create a healthy and diverse local economy.
- Free Picnic in the Parkway Summer Concert Series at Bidwell Parkway, Tuesdays in July & August.
- Safe Trick or Treating for children, featuring candy treats for the kids and Spooktacular sales for Mom, Dad and the rest of the family during the event.
- Harvest Festival includes a petting zoo and hayrides. Bring the kids and dress them up in their Halloween best and don't forget about picking up a pumpkin to go!
- Holiday events and activities that keep the street busy with tree lighting, musicians, carriage rides and more.
- Mass Appeal is the annual fashion show.� It�s a partnership between EVA and the street's small businesses, which showcases their merchandise to a broad audience in a trendy, fun way. Consider this your up-close and intimate guide to the Elmwood shops!
- Garden Walk, Elmwood Avenue Festival of the Arts, Holiday Open Studios, Allentown Association, Albright-Knox, Burchfield-Penney, Buffalo & Erie Counties Historical Societies, Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy, Buffalo Green Fund, Buffalo State College Small Business Development Center, Buffalo Economic Renaissance Corporation (BERC), City of Buffalo, Erie County, elected officials, area culturals, block clubs, Buffalo Niagara Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) and Buffalo First.
EVA would like to thank all of the members and countless volunteers who continue to make this organization successful in its mission to revitalize and stabilize Elmwood Village. Thank you!